Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ahh Crafts.....

So I think I want to start this blog....  I want to post my thoughts, ideas, cool stuff I find on the interwebs, etc.  Maybe some other geek like me will happen upon my randomness and be happy because of it.  I don't know.

Let's do a basic starter kind of blog post this time.....

Hi, I am Amanda, AND I love to craft.  So much that I have a part time job at a craft store where most of my paycheck goes back to them.  I mostly Crochet and sell baby blanket sets that come with beanies and booties.  I also tend to make stuff for presents such as scarves and hats and most recently Mittens.
 I am becoming very ambitious about my craft.  :)
I also knit.  I prefer the hook to the needles though.
I bought a knook.  (http://www.leisurearts.com/how-to-knook)  And this kind of satisfies both.
I also have tried my hand at cross stitch (when I was younger, but I have been considering picking it back up), painting (art class in college), sketching (not very well), scrapbooking (too time consuming and expensive), among many others.  I will basically try anything crafty once... twice if I am not sure I did it right the first time.
For those of you that might not have thought of this... I learn most of my stuff from YOUTUBE!  try it!  You can find anything on there.... I will get on here soon to add pictures of all my crafties and maybe upload some videos that I used on youtube.

If you are a crocheter like me.... try.... http://www.youtube.com/user/mikeyssmail?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

No comments:

Post a Comment